mtngun
Site Admin

posting pictures

Post by mtngun » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Two ways to post pictures.

1) If you already have the picture uploaded to a web site somewhere, then

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.your_photo_site.com[/img] 

2) You can use the "upload attachment" button on this forum to upload a picture from your PC.

-- width should be 600 - 1000 pixels. If it doesn't fit on the forum screen, then the pixel width is too big.

-- the maximum file size is 100 kb. Most digital photos are much bigger, and will need to be scaled and optimized.

-- jpg, jpeg, or gif

You probably already have a favorite graphics editor, but if not, I suggest downloading a free one like The Gimp or Irfanview. http://filehippo.com/software/graphics/

Ways to post your bullet design.

-- most graphics editors have a built in screen capture feature. Do the design, then do a screen capture of the web page.

-- if all else fails, just press "print screen" on your keyboard. That puts your screen on the clipboard. Then paste the clipboard into your favorite graphics editor, edit the image (crop, scale, and save as jpg or gif), and then post it like any other image.

454cl

Re: posting pictures

Post by 454cl » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:39 am

100_0776.jpg
185 TanOGF GC on left and 180PB Secant on right,50 yards 3 shot groups

jwp

Re: posting pictures

Post by jwp » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 am

For screen captures in general, grab a copy of "greenshot" off of the web. It works extremely well and has a limited set of editing features that cover very common things you want to do. There's no gamma/contrast/color changes, unfortunately, but "fsview" is also free and does a really good job at that and a number of other useful things, expecially if you're looking at large collectons of pictures. I like the GIMP a great deal, but I a lot of people seem to have trouble with it - probably because it does so much.