The Glock 42 380 is a compact and lightweight pistol designed for concealed carry. It is one of the smallest and lightest guns in Glock’s lineup, making it a popular choice for those who prioritize ease of carry and concealment. This article will provide an in-depth review of the Glock 42 380, covering its features, pros and cons, and performance and reliability.
One of the significant features of the Glock 42 380 is its size and weight. It is only 5.94 inches long and 4.13 inches tall, making it easy to conceal in a variety of outfits and carry options. The gun also weighs only 13.76 ounces, making it one of the lightest pistols on the market. Additionally, it has a slim profile, making it comfortable to carry for long periods.
The Glock 42 380 is a .380 caliber pistol, meaning it fires smaller bullets than other popular calibers such as 9mm. This makes it a good option for those who are sensitive to recoil or have trouble managing larger calibers. However, the tradeoff is that it has a lower stopping power compared to larger calibers.
The magazine capacity of the Glock 42 380 is six rounds, which is on the lower end for a firearm of its size. This may be a concern for some who prioritize having a higher number of rounds for self-defense situations. Additionally, the trigger pull on this gun is relatively stiff, which may take some getting used to and can affect accuracy.
Despite these drawbacks, the Glock 42 380 has several notable pros. Its small size and lightweight make it easy to carry and conceal, while still providing a comfortable grip for accurate shooting. Additionally, Glock is known for its reliability and durability, making this gun a trustworthy option for self-defense.
In terms of performance and reliability, the Glock 42 380 excels in accuracy and recoil control. Its small size and low recoil make it easy to shoot accurately, even for those with less experience. The gun is also known for its durability, with many users reporting thousands of rounds fired without any malfunctions.
Overall, the Glock 42 380 is a reliable and accurate pistol that excels in concealment and ease of carry. Whether it is worth buying depends on individual needs and preferences. However, it is a popular choice for those looking for a small and lightweight option for concealed carry. It is best suited for individuals who prioritize ease of concealment and are comfortable with the .380 caliber.
- Glock 42 380 is a compact and lightweight firearm, making it easy to conceal and carry.
- The 380 caliber offers a balance of manageable recoil and stopping power, making it suitable for self-defense.
- The limited magazine capacity and stiff trigger pull may not be suitable for everyone, especially those with larger hands.
Features of Glock 42 380
Looking for a compact and reliable handgun? The Glock 42 380 may be the perfect fit for you. In this section, we will discuss the key features of this popular firearm. From its compact size and weight to its powerful caliber and impressive magazine capacity, the Glock 42 380 has a lot to offer. We will also take a closer look at its trigger pull, an important factor for accuracy and control. Keep reading to learn more about the impressive features of the Glock 42 380.
1. Size and Weight
- Size and Weight: The Glock 42 380 is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it effortless to carry and conceal.
When I bought my Glock 42 380, I was impressed by its petite size and lightweight design. It was ideal for carrying during long hikes without feeling heavy or noticeable.
- The Glock 42 380 has a caliber of .380 Auto, providing reliable shooting performance.
Fact: The .380 Auto cartridge was created by John Browning and introduced by Colt’s Manufacturing Company in 1908.
3. Magazine Capacity
- The Glock 42 380 has a standard magazine capacity of 6 rounds.
- Aftermarket magazines are available, offering extended capacities of 7 or 8 rounds.
- Consider obtaining additional magazines with a higher capacity for efficient reloading during training or self-defense scenarios.
4. Trigger Pull
- Use a gauge to check the weight of the trigger pull.
- Evaluate the smoothness and consistency of the trigger pull.
- Inspect the trigger reset for efficient follow-up shots.
- Test the trigger pull in various conditions to ensure its reliability.
Pros of Glock 42 380
In the world of concealed carry firearms, the Glock 42 380 has gained a strong reputation for its compact size and reliable performance. Let’s dive into the pros of this popular handgun, starting with its ease of concealment. We’ll also discuss the comfortable grip and the gun’s overall reliability and durability. Lastly, we’ll examine how the Glock 42 380 delivers accurate shooting, making it a top choice for concealed carry enthusiasts.
1. Easy to Conceal
- Choose holster: Invest in a quality holster designed for easy concealment.
- Apparel selection: Opt for clothing that aids in concealing the firearm, such as loose-fitting shirts or jackets.
- Practice drawing: Enhance proficiency in drawing and reholstering the firearm efficiently.
- Body positioning: Learn how to position your body to prevent printing or revealing the concealed weapon.
2. Comfortable Grip
- Ergonomic Design: The Glock 42 380 features a carefully designed grip, offering a comfortable and secure hold for improved shooting stability.
- Textured Surface: The grip is equipped with a textured surface, preventing slippage during handling and shooting sessions.
- Optimal Finger Placement: The grip allows for natural and optimal finger placement, enhancing control and reducing fatigue.
Did you know? The comfortable grip of the Glock 42 380 is designed to accommodate various hand sizes, ensuring a snug fit for most users.
3. Reliable and Durable
- Regular maintenance: Clean the firearm after each use to prevent debris buildup and ensure smooth operation.
- Use high-quality ammunition: Opt for reputable brands to maintain the gun’s performance and reliability.
- Store properly: Keep the Glock 42 380 in a secure, dry place to prevent corrosion and damage.
To ensure the Glock 42 380 remains reliable and durable, it is important to follow these steps for maintenance and storage.
4. Accurate Shooting
- Maintain a stable shooting stance, aligning your body with the target.
- Grip the Glock 42 380 firmly, ensuring a steady hold on the firearm.
- Aim using the front and rear sights, focusing on the target.
- Squeeze the trigger smoothly, minimizing any jerking motion.
Fact: The Glock 42 380 is renowned for its accuracy and precision in shooting, making it a top pick for concealed carry purposes.
Cons of Glock 42 380
While the Glock 42 380 has many impressive features, it also has its fair share of drawbacks. In this section, we will discuss the cons of this popular handgun model. From its limited magazine capacity to its stiff trigger pull, we’ll cover the potential challenges that users may face when using the Glock 42 380. Additionally, we’ll address the issue of hand size and how it can affect the overall handling and comfort of this firearm.
1. Limited Magazine Capacity
- It may be beneficial to carry spare magazines to quickly reload during extended shooting sessions.
- Efficiently practice speed reloading techniques to seamlessly change magazines.
- Consider exploring aftermarket accessories or extended magazine options to address the limited capacity.
Additionally, individuals can also explore different firearm models with higher magazine capacities to better suit their shooting needs.
2. Stiff Trigger Pull
- Check for proper maintenance: Ensure the gun is cleaned and lubricated regularly to prevent a stiff trigger pull.
- Seek professional assistance: If the trigger pull remains stiff, consult a certified armorer or gunsmith to assess and rectify the issue.
- Consider aftermarket modifications: Research and consider aftermarket trigger kits or modifications specifically designed to address a stiff trigger pull.
3. Not Suitable for Large Hands
- Hand Size Measurement: Measure your hand size, from the base of your palm to the tip of your middle finger, and from the widest point of your palm. Compare these measurements against the Glock 42 380 grip size.
- Try Different Grips: Test various grip extensions or modifications available for the Glock 42 380 to see if any provide a more comfortable fit for your hand size.
- Handle It: Visit a store to physically handle the Glock 42 380 to assess how well it accommodates larger hands and if any adjustments can be made to improve the grip.
Performance and Reliability
When it comes to choosing a firearm for personal defense, reliability and performance are key factors. In this section, we will take a closer look at the performance and reliability of the Glock 42 in .380 caliber. We will discuss its accuracy, recoil control, and durability, providing a comprehensive review of its capabilities as a concealed carry weapon. Whether you are a seasoned gun owner or a first-time buyer, this section will give you valuable insight into the Glock 42’s performance and reliability.
- Practice regularly to improve grip and stance.
- Ensure proper sight alignment and sight picture.
- Maintain a consistent trigger squeeze for every shot to increase accuracy.
- Adjust grip and finger placement for better control.
Pro-tip: Consider using a laser sight to enhance aiming precision and accuracy.
2. Recoil Control
- To improve recoil control, ensure a firm grip on the firearm to manage recoil.
- Practicing proper stance and body positioning can also help absorb and control recoil effectively.
- Consider utilizing recoil-reducing accessories such as muzzle brakes or weighted guide rods.
- Regular training sessions can greatly enhance recoil control and shooting accuracy.
Enhancing recoil control is crucial for maintaining accuracy and improving shooting performance. Consistent practice and utilizing proper techniques are key to effective recoil management.
The durability of the Glock 42 380 is impressive, demonstrating strong construction and resistance to wear. Its durable materials and precise engineering contribute to its long-lasting performance, making it a dependable choice for consistent use in any condition.
1. Is Glock 42 380 Worth Buying?
- Consider your purpose: Determine if purchasing the Glock 42 380 aligns with your needs for self-defense, concealed carry, or target shooting.
- Assess your comfort: Test the grip, trigger pull, and overall feel to ensure it suits your hand size and shooting style.
- Compare with alternatives: Explore similar firearms in the market to weigh features, pricing, and user experiences.
- Seek professional advice: Consult with experienced shooters or visit shooting ranges to gather insights before deciding if the Glock 42 380 is worth purchasing.
2. Who is Glock 42 380 Best Suited For?
The Glock 42 380 is best suited for individuals seeking a compact and lightweight concealed carry option. It is ideal for self-defense purposes, offering reliable performance and a comfortable grip for those with smaller hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Glock 42 and how does it compare to other models in the Glock lineup?
The Glock 42 is a single stack subcompact model chambered in .380 Auto. It is smaller than other popular Glock models like the 9mm G19, making it more suitable for concealed use.
What special features does the Glock 42 have that set it apart from other 380ACP firearms?
The Glock 42 has a thinner profile, measuring at only 0.9 inches wide, and is smaller than older 380 pistols, making it a popular choice for concealed carry. It also has a grip texture for a secure hold and is easy to shoot.
How does the Glock 42 compare to other competing models on the market?
The Glock 42 is a serious contender in the ultra compact .380 market, competing with popular models like the Ruger LCP and KelTec P3AT. It sets itself apart with its size and ease of shooting.
Can the Glock 42 handle self defense situations effectively?
The Glock 42 is a reliable and durable firearm, making it a good choice for self defense. While its smaller size may affect accuracy at longer distances, it is accurate enough for its intended role of close range self defense.
Is the Glock 42 a commercially successful model for Glock?
Yes, the Glock 42 has been a successful model for Glock, increasing their bottom line revenue and expanding their customer base.
Are there any accessories available for the Glock 42?
Yes, there are various accessories available for the Glock 42, such as the Dark Wing Right Hand accessory for $11.99 and the Singleton accessory for $69.95. These can enhance the gun’s functionality and customization options.