The Rossi 357 Lever Action is a popular rifle known for its smooth lever action and powerful .357 Magnum caliber. Manufactured by Rossi, a Brazilian firearms company, this rifle is a favorite among hunters, target shooters, and gun enthusiasts.
The Rossi 357 Lever Action features a number of impressive specifications, including:
- Caliber – .357 Magnum/.38 Special
- Action Type – Lever Action
- Barrel Length – 20 inches
- Magazine Capacity – 10 rounds
- Sights – Adjustable fiber-optic front sight and adjustable rear sight
This rifle has several pros and cons that should be considered before purchasing. Some of the pros include its affordability, reliability, and accuracy. However, some cons include its weight and potential for occasional jamming.
In comparison to other lever action rifles on the market, the Rossi 357 Lever Action holds its own. Some popular alternatives include the Marlin 1894, Henry Big Boy, and Winchester Model 1873.
Reviews and ratings for the Rossi 357 Lever Action are generally positive, with many users praising its accuracy and value for money. However, some have noted issues with its build quality and occasional jamming.
Whether or not the Rossi 357 Lever Action is worth buying depends on your intended use for the rifle. For hunting, target shooting, and self-defense, this rifle can be a reliable and powerful choice.
- 1. The Rossi 357 Lever Action is a versatile and reliable rifle, perfect for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense.
- 2. Its key features include a powerful 357 caliber, smooth lever action, and a range of barrel lengths and sight options.
- 3. Compared to other lever action rifles, the Rossi 357 offers a unique combination of affordability and quality performance.
What Is the Rossi 357 Lever Action?
The Rossi 357 lever action is a rifle that is loaded and cocked by using a lever. It is highly regarded for its dependability, precision, and smooth operation, making it a favored option for both hunting and target shooting. This particular rifle is designed to use the .357 Magnum cartridge, known for its exceptional stopping power.
Fun fact: The Rossi 357 lever action was initially released in 1982 and has since earned a reputation for its sturdy construction and impressive performance.
What Are the Features of the Rossi 357 Lever Action?
The Rossi 357 lever action rifle is a popular choice among gun enthusiasts for its reliable performance and classic design. In this section, we will take a closer look at the key features that make this rifle stand out. From its caliber and action type, to the barrel length and magazine capacity, we will cover all the important details that every potential buyer should know. Additionally, we will discuss the sights of the Rossi 357 and how they contribute to its overall functionality.
- Learn about the caliber of the Rossi 357 Lever Action, which is .357 Magnum/ .38 Special.
Did you know? The .357 Magnum cartridge was developed to provide significantly greater stopping power than the .38 Special.
2. Action Type
- Lever-Action: The Rossi 357 features a lever-action mechanism, requiring the user to manually operate the lever to cycle the cartridges.
3. Barrel Length
- The barrel length of the Rossi 357 Lever Action is 24 inches, providing both accuracy and velocity for your shooting needs.
When considering the barrel length of the Rossi 357 Lever Action, it is important to take into account the intended use. A longer barrel is ideal for long-range shooting, as it offers increased precision, while a shorter barrel is more suitable for hunting or self-defense as it provides improved maneuverability.
4. Magazine Capacity
The Rossi 357 lever action rifle has a magazine capacity of 8 rounds, making it suitable for a variety of shooting activities. In comparison to other lever action rifles such as the Marlin 1894 and Henry Big Boy, the Rossi 357 offers a competitive magazine capacity, allowing for sustained shooting without the need for frequent reloading. For those interested in purchasing the Rossi 357 lever action, its magazine capacity is a significant advantage, particularly for hunting and target shooting enthusiasts. When making a decision to buy, it is crucial to consider the magazine capacity along with other factors like caliber and action type to ensure it meets your shooting needs.
- Adjustable Rear Sight: Allows for windage and elevation adjustments to ensure precise aiming.
- Front Sight: Typically a blade or post, aids in aligning the target with the shooter’s eye.
- Optical Sights: Optional scopes or red dot sights can enhance accuracy and target acquisition.
The history of firearm sights dates back to the 17th century when early gunsmiths experimented with rudimentary sighting devices, eventually leading to the development of more advanced and precise sight systems over time.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the Rossi 357 Lever Action?
The Rossi 357 lever action rifle has gained popularity among gun enthusiasts for its affordability and versatility. However, as with any firearm, there are both pros and cons to consider before making a purchase. In this section, we will take a closer look at the benefits and drawbacks of the Rossi 357 lever action rifle. From its reliable performance to potential drawbacks in certain scenarios, we will provide a comprehensive overview of this firearm for those considering adding it to their collection.
- Smooth Action: The Rossi 357 Lever Action offers a smooth lever action, allowing for quick and easy firearm manipulation.
- Accuracy: This rifle provides precise and accurate shooting, making it suitable for various shooting activities.
- Powerful Caliber: With the .357 caliber, it delivers potent shooting performance, ideal for hunting and self-defense.
- Weight: The Rossi 357 lever-action rifle is relatively heavy, which may be a drawback for some users.
- Recoil: The recoil of the rifle can be pronounced, potentially affecting accuracy and comfort during extended shooting sessions.
- Aftermarket Accessories: Limited availability of aftermarket accessories compared to other lever-action rifles, restricting customization options.
How Does the Rossi 357 Lever Action Compare to Other Lever Action Rifles?
In the world of lever action rifles, the Rossi 357 stands out as a popular option among gun enthusiasts. But how does it compare to other well-known lever action rifles on the market? In this section, we will examine the features and capabilities of the Rossi 357 in comparison to the Marlin 1894, the Henry Big Boy, and the Winchester Model 1873. By the end, you will have a better understanding of where the Rossi 357 stands in the world of lever action rifles.
1. Marlin 1894
- The Marlin 1894 boasts a solid-top receiver, side ejection, and a deeply blued metal surface. It also includes a hammer block safety and an American black walnut stock.
2. Henry Big Boy
The Henry Big Boy is a lever-action rifle known for its classic design, exceptional craftsmanship, and smooth operation. Its key features include a .44 Magnum/.44 Special caliber, a traditional lever-action type, a range of barrel lengths, a generous magazine capacity, and adjustable sights for accurate shooting.
Pros of the Henry Big Boy include its robust build and reliable action, while cons may involve its weight for some users. When compared to the Rossi 357 Lever Action, the Henry Big Boy stands out for its larger caliber and premium construction.
Reviews and ratings for the Henry Big Boy commend its accuracy, build quality, and overall shooting experience. Whether for hunting, target shooting, or self-defense, the 2. Henry Big Boy rifle is often considered a worthy investment.
The Henry Big Boy rifle traces its roots back to the original Henry rifle designs, which gained legendary status during the American Civil War for its rapid fire capability.
3. Winchester Model 1873
The Winchester Model 1873 is a renowned lever-action rifle known for its reliability and popularity during the expansion of the Western frontier. It boasts a timeless design and is available in various calibers, including the .357 Magnum. The rifle’s smooth action, iconic appearance, and historical significance make it a highly sought-after item for collectors.
If you are considering the Rossi 357 Lever Action, examining the Winchester Model 1873 as a comparison can provide valuable insights into the market for lever-action rifles. When searching for a lever-action rifle, the Winchester Model 1873 offers a perfect combination of heritage and functionality, making it a desirable choice for both enthusiasts and collectors.
What Are the Reviews and Ratings for the Rossi 357 Lever Action?
The reviews and ratings for the Rossi 357 lever action are essential for potential buyers to determine its performance and reliability. By consulting firearm forums, customer reviews on e-commerce platforms, and expert assessments, individuals can gain valuable insights into the gun’s accuracy, ergonomics, and durability.
Is the Rossi 357 Lever Action Worth Buying?
Are you considering purchasing the Rossi 357 Lever Action rifle but unsure if it’s the right fit for your needs? In this section, we will discuss the various uses for this rifle and determine if it’s worth buying. Whether you’re a hunter, target shooter, or looking for a self-defense weapon, we will examine the pros and cons of the Rossi 357 and help you make an informed decision. So let’s dive in and see if this lever action rifle is the right choice for you.
1. For Hunting
- Select suitable ammunition for hunting, such as .357 Magnum cartridges.
- Take into account the maneuverability and ability to quickly take follow-up shots in wooded areas when considering a lever-action rifle.
- Verify the rifle’s reliability and accuracy for precise targeting of game animals.
- Examine the features of the Rossi 357 Lever Action, such as barrel length and sights, to ensure they align with hunting requirements.
- Evaluate reviews and ratings of the rifle’s performance in hunting scenarios.
2. For Target Shooting
- Choose a suitable shooting range for target practice.
- Set up the Rossi 357 Lever Action securely on a stable shooting rest.
- Load the rifle with the appropriate ammunition for target shooting.
- Focus on proper aiming and trigger control to improve accuracy.
- Follow all safety protocols while handling and using the firearm.
Did you know? Target shooting with the Rossi 357 Lever Action can improve precision and concentration skills.
3. For Self-Defense
- Assess the legal regulations for possessing firearms for self-defense purposes.
- Receive professional training in handling and safely using firearms.
- Select suitable ammunition for self-defense situations.
- Safely and securely store the rifle at home for easy access.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the overall length of the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle has an overall length of 42.5 inches.
What is the weight of the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle weighs 6 lbs. 2 oz.
What is the capacity of the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle has a capacity of 12 rounds.
What is the action type of the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle has a lever action action type.
What is the barrel length of the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle has a 20 inch barrel length.
What is the caliber and finish options available for the Rossi R92 lever action rifle?
The Rossi R92 lever action rifle is available in various calibers including .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, and .454 Casull. It is also available in different finishes, such as stainless steel and blue steel.